Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Custom Collab with J*Ryu for ToysREvil

Since this is the holiday of giving and thanking, this collab piece is so appropriate with its timing. For those of you who know, Andy of Toysrevil, has been in the hospital for almost a month now from a stroke. He has always been generous with toy coverage and contributions to the art/toy world. Upon hearing the news, Cris Rose was kind enough to start pulling artists' contributions and donations together to raise funds for Andy's medical expenses. To do our part, this 8" Munny collab I did with J*Ryu will be for sale and the money will go towards the cause.
The piece debuted at DCon this past weekend. J*Ryu sculpted the oni mask on one side while I finished the rest of the sculpting and painted the whole piece.











(pictured below: unpainted/primed figure)

J*Ryu said he had a great time doing the piece and looks forward to many more collabs to come in the future. To be honest, when I received his sculpted oni mask, I was afraid that I would ruin the figure with anything else I tried to sculpt. I was relieve to have his approval once it was completed.
To donate or learn about the art work available for the cause, check out vinylhearts.com
To see more of J*Ryu's work (email: jryu AT designpimps DOT com), follow him or check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment